Here you can find STEM education resources.
Search and filter below, according to your preferences, to find free activities, videos or webinars to use.
Common Framework of Reference for the Natural Sciences (Minimum Standards)
State of Facts
- Education in natural sciences is, just like music, literature etc., part of general education: cultural assets of humanity!
- Knowledge in natural sciences is more urgent than ever (climate change, molecular genetics)
- However, knowlegde and competences in natural sciences do only exist rudimentary
- High numbers of students on the lowest level of natural sciences.
- Swing from science: primary school high interest in natural sciences, from 7th grade strongly decreasing, students interested in natural sciences are outcasts.
- Cognitive overload (based on a too early abstraction) leads to resignation with the students.
- For more than 30 years, attempts to increase interest and competences (e.g. Nuffield, PSSC, natural sciences in context) showed little effect.
- Demand for transformative education (understanding, evaluation of natural scences) is not fulfilled.
Creative Commons licence - Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs
Meer info: Creative Commons.